Effective Date: November 10, 2021
Information We Collect
We collect different types of information about our customers, Website visitors, and App users. In the past 12 months we may have collected:
- Contact Information: We may collect contact information, which includes personal information like name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
- Location: We may collect your location data in connection with your use of our App or Website. Our collection may depend on your device’s settings for location services or the information you submit to us.
- Device Information: When you visit our Website or App, interact with our Social Media Pages, or open our emails, we learn about your browser type and version, operating system, IP address, and other technical information about your device.
- Call and Email Records: If you call or email our customer service, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Website and App Interactions: We may collect information about your interactions with our Website or App including pages visited, interest in content, access times, links or buttons clicked, and surfing behavior.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Website, App, Social Media Pages, or to us in person including photos, videos, or reviews. This information could include personal information, depending on what information you provide.
- Social Media Usage: We may receive aggregated information about people who visit and interact with our Social Media Pages.
- Employment Information: We collect the employment information you submit to us, including company name, position, employee count, and other similar information.
How We Collect Information
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: visit our Website; access our App; contact us with questions or comments; upload content; create an account; sign up for communications; complete a contact form; write a review; or use or like our Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Website, access our App, or interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising.
- Participating Entity: Your employer, school, or other third-party organization that procures the right for you to use the App or our services (the “Participating Entity”) may share information about you with us.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us such as payment processors, analytics, or advertising companies. Your information may be collected and processed independently in accordance with the third party’s own privacy notices. These third parties share information they have collected with us.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information with us. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online and via email or newsletter, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding Our Website and App Users: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Website, App, Social Media Pages, and emails or other forms of communication), monitoring the effectiveness of our advertising and communications, and analyzing trends and statistics.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize our relationship with you, including presenting customized communication, advertising, and experiences on our Website, App, and Social Media Pages.
- Communications: Communicating with you about our services and responding to your inquiries.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Website, App, and Social Media Pages, developing our products and services, and constantly improving our customers’ experience, including but not limited to, troubleshooting customer service issues and improving Website and App functionality.
- Security: Protecting Wemblr and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How Information is Shared with Service Providers and Third Parties and For What Purposes
We may share personal information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Participating Entity: We partner with Participating Entities to provide services to you. We may share aggregate or anonymized information with such Participating Entities. This aggregate or anonymized information will not be linked or linkable to any natural person or household.
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our business, including fulfilling orders, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Website and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Collected Information, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business. We may share with them the types of information described in Information We Collect.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect our Website users, our Website, or the public.
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your privacy rights below in the California Privacy Rights section.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Website from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Newsletters, Emails, and Other Electronic Notifications: You can unsubscribe from newsletters, emails, and other electronic notifications by a link included in every such communication.
- Accounts: You can keep your contact information and payment methods accurate and up to date by logging into your account. If you wish to cancel your account, email us at email@example.com.
- Online Advertising: For information about opting out of third party advertising, visit: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ or https://digitaladvertisingalliance.org/. You will leave this Website for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preferences. We may use more than one third party company for placing this advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
Our Website, App, and Social Media Pages are intended for adults. No one under the age of 13 should share any personal information with us, including by creating an account or making a purchase from our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information of children under the age of 13. To request the deletion of personal information relating to a child under the age of 13, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We work with Participating Entities to obtain parental consent prior to collecting any information from children between 13 and the age of majority in their jurisdiction.
We take steps designed to help protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. Although we use measures to protect your personal information, in general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet. Your transmissions are, therefore, at your own risk. If you have concerns about the security of your account, or wish to alert us of any potential vulnerabilities, please contact email@example.com.
Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
Website Terms and Conditions
Please send your privacy-related questions, comments, and concerns to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
As a resident of California, you have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (with any implementing regulations and as may be amended from time to time, “CCPA”) relevant to your Personal Information (as defined under the CCPA), as well as other laws. The rights described herein are subject to exemptions under the CCPA and other limitations under applicable law.
California Consumer Rights Under the CCPA: If your Personal Information is subject to the CCPA, you may have certain privacy rights with regard to that information. You may have the right to:
- Request that we provide you access to the following no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information; and
- the categories of Personal Information that are sold (as defined under the CCPA) and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold.
- Request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to exceptions under the CCPA or other applicable law; and
- Request that we not “sell” your Personal Information by opting out of the sale of your Personal Information.
California residents also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
How to Submit a Request
If you wish to exercise your right to request access to your Personal Information, to request deletion of your Personal Information, or to request that we opt you out of the sale of your Personal Information, please submit your request through this [webform].
Alternatively, you may also exercise your CCPA rights by emailing email@example.com. Please help us by providing your full name, email, and home address, and clearly indicate which right you wish to exercise. The information collected through this process will be used only for responding to your request.
We are required to provide you with access to your Personal Information or delete your Personal Information only in response to a verifiable consumer request. We will compare the information you provide to us to any information we may have in our possession in order to verify your request. We may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request. The information you provide must match the information we have in our possession. This measure is in place to help ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. The information collected through this process will be used for verification purposes only.
Requests Made Through Agents
Please note that you may authorize an agent to exercise any of these rights on your behalf. If you use an agent, we will take measures to verify your agent’s authorization similar to the verification described above for fulfilling any access or deletion requests. We may require more information to ensure proper verification of your agent’s identity and authorization.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We share personal information about you with service providers and third parties for business purposes, such as operational purposes and other purposes related to providing you with the services you seek from us. For more information about the business purposes for which we disclose personal information, please see How Information is Shared with Service Providers and Third Parties and For What Purposes, above, and please see Information We Collect, above, for what types of information may be shared.